By allowing these cookies you support us in creating the site. These cookies allow us to show you relevant ads and gain a small commission from our partner sites should you choose to make a purchase. This creates the funding for us to create an even better website for you.
- Definitions of terms used in this document
- Your Personal Data rights
- What data we collect
- How we use your data
- What cookies we use
Just to make sure we are on the same page:
Personal Data- any information that can be used to identify a person.
Processing- any action that is carried out on or with personal data
Child- any person under the age of 16
Cookies- a small text file stored on your computer that stores information to ensure the website works
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow strict rules to ensure your privacy and rights are respected and enforced. Through this we therefore ensure:
- Any processing of data is fair and lawful. You always have the right to request information on how we process personal data.
- We will only process personal data where it is necessary to do so.
- We will only gather essential personal data to run our website.
- Your personal data will not be stored longer than necessary for purpose.
- We will do our best to ensure your personal data is accurate.
- We will do our best to ensure your personal data is kept confidential.
Your personal data rights
- You always have the right to information, and can request what personal information we hold, how we are processing it and by who at any time.
- You have the right to access all the personal data we have collected from and about you at any time.
- It is your right to rectify any of your personal data at any time
- It is your right to erase any and all personal data we hold about you at any time
- You have the right to restrict or object to processing of your personal data both manually and automated.
- Your data will be portal, so you can obtain it in a machine readable format or as direct transfer from one processor to another where possible
- It is your right to lodge a complaint in the event that we refuse any requests you have made if you are not satisfied with the reason provided by us.
- You have the right to the help of a supervisory authority for any legal processes such as claiming damages.
- At any time it is your right to withdraw consent for any or part of processing your personal data
What information do we collect?
Information you have directly provided us
This will be in any information that you leave within a comment on our site and any information provided to fill in that form. This can include name and email address.
Information we will automatically collect about you
This is the information stored by our cookies and session tools when you visit our site. This can include IP address and shopping history if you have any and also activities that are completed on our site which may also be logged.
Information from our partners
We may gather personal data from our trusted partners when we have legal grounds to do so. This is information you may have provided them directly or they have gathered legally.
Publicly available information
We will not publicly display any of your information without your direct consent, but we may use information that you have consented to display publicly.
How do we use your personal data
The personal data you give us is only used to improve your customer experience. This can include providing you with products, updating you on promotions and changes to services or fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
All the personal data we use will only be to improve the customer experience. Any non-essential personal data to the fundamental service of our site will only be collected and processed with your consent.
Who else can access your personal data
We will not share your personal data with strangers, however in some cases data is provided about you by trusted third parties.
These connected third parties are: Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, WordPress.com/Jetpack plugin, iThemes Security and Ezoic. //g.ezoic.net/privacy/beangrowing.com
Where we are legally obliged to do so we may share your information with another third party or if you have consented for us to do.
How we secure your data
The security of your personal data is really important to us and we will try our best to keep it safe. We use safe protocols for transferring data such as HTTPS and will use anonymized and pseudonymised data where possible.
Unfortunately, although we will try our best we cannot guarantee the security of your information. In the event of a data breach we will notify suitable authorities of the data breach and assist them however we can. We will also notify you if there is any threat to your rights or interest.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect any data from children.
We use the following types of cookies on our site to enhance your customer experience.
Types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies- these are required for some features to work, for example logging into a website. No personal data is collected by these cookies.
- Functionality cookies- this allows for more personalisation on our site to enhance customer experience. For example, remembering usernames to assist with logging in.
- Analytics cookies- these track the use and performance of the website to ensure we can continue to improve our website.
- Advertising cookies- these are used to tailor advertisements to your interests. This also includes limiting the number of times you see the same advert. These cookies usually come from advertising networks in partnership with the website. Here, the cookies remember you have visited a particular website and share this information with advertising organisations.
Please note that you can control your cookies from within your search browser. You may choose to disable them, however, it may negatively affect functions of the website.
You are also able to remove the cookies already stored on your computer through your browser settings or you can control some third party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform. Some examples are optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. You can find out more about cookies at allaboutcookies.org.
Please remove any embedded location data within an image or video such as EXIF GPS. These can be downloaded and accessed from our site.
Embedded content from other websites
Please contact us if you have any queries about your personal data and how it is used.